Personal Introduction

In the beginning, I was never one of those kids that looked up at the sky and pondered what it would be like to be in one of those flying machines. In fact, I was afraid of flying and hated the way it made my ears feel. I didn't exactly dread it but I was never excited to get on a plane, I was just excited to get where I was going. My first interest was geology strangely enough. I only liked it because I was good at it but after some research I realized that it wasn't where I was meant to be. The people were weird, the work was boring and I didn't really have the drive to stick with it, even though I was good at it. Shortly after that I took a personality test, and it said that my most compatible job was to become a truck driver. I took this as a direct insult; which I don't mean in offense because it's a good job, I just considered myself more capable than to settle driving cargo. Before this, I heard the facetious saying that airline pilots were just glorified bus drivers. I decided to Aim High and focus all of my energy into becoming a pilot in our Air Force, because I've always had a underlining desire to serve our country in some capacity.

Currently, I am in my 5th year of college, with two years at Monroe County Community College and 3 at Eastern, and in my 3rd year of AFROTC at University of Michigan. My major is Aviation Management with two minors, Business and Military Science. I will graduate after this semester.

As I said before I'm joining the United States Air Force. I've received a pilot slot and after I graduate I will commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant and be sent to Columbus AFB in Mississippi to attend UPT (Undergraduate Pilot Training). My goal in the Air Force is to fly the F-16. As a pilot, my commitment to the Air Force is 12 years. I'm not positive if I want to serve longer than this initial commitment yet; I will be more equipped to make that decision after serving for some time.

I am currently very interested in the pilot shortage, both in the civilian sector and the military. As far as other topics go, I am fairly unplugged and look forward to getting a greater incite into current aviation topics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Airlines

Final Blog - UAVs

ATC Privatization